Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Good Doctor Review and opinons!

Good Doctor




Grey's Anatomy? Out of the way! Here comes an interesting twist to medical drama and it's about to take a special place in your heart =D

Follow Park Shi-On (Joo Won) who has Autism and the mentality of a 10 year old boy and big dreams to become a pediatric surgeon so he can live up to a promise he made years ago! He fights against his disability and tries to overcome social discrimination through his photographic memory and amazing ability to diagnose a problem! Though he struggles to connect emotionally or rationally to the children he cares for or even to his superiors, he becomes attached to a fellow medical student who has a soft spot for his innocence and passion to heal.

This Drama is all about overcoming trials and growing together, it is filled with medical emergencies and adorable children who help the main character find his place in the world of medicine as well as the adult world he yearns to be accepted into by his peers and co-workers.

I found this show to be a refreshing take on the medicine world, with evil plots, true love and social struggles in the eyes of someone with disabilities, I very much enjoyed the point of view this show offered! Plus who can resist a match making 8 year old, or a group of loving kids?? I know I can't!
Though this show is geared towards a more mature audience I felt like it was a good one for young adults as well...it had some cute moments and (yes the open eyed kisses which I guess should just be a given for most K.Dramas...) There were some romantic smoochies as well!

For the cons I did find some of the plot hard to follow at times, and at other times it was just dull.
Also the love interest was a tad strange for me as the female lead is a straight thinking, hard working adult and the male lead is a hard working, at times unreasonable man with the mind of a 10 year old. Sure you are holding the body of a man your age, but his mind is a few decades behind....


Now apart from the wonderful idea that someone with a disability can be seen as more than just his or her disability I did find the growth of his character somewhat unrealistic...(WARNING THIS IS A SMALL SPOILER CONSIDERING THE MAIN CHARACTER'S DEVELOPMENT SO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW SCROLL DOWN PAST THIS PARAGRAPH!)
I mean people don't grow out of serious disabilities like they would a pair of pants...but somehow he grows out of it and becomes more mature.





There was also a few other holes in the plot and a few strange things about the romance in this drama that I personally found to be....well....slightly odd, but hey it's a drama so I suppose if I really wanted to I could overlook these small flaws...IF I REALLY WANTED TO!  but aside from some strange developments and plot holes I found this drama to be sweet and charming with a whole lot of funny situations, awkward moments, suspense, and the occasional hatred for some characters that make you breath fire haha. I enjoyed this drama very much, and if you are a big fan of hospital drama then look no further! This K.Drama is a very enjoyable and exciting show that will have you marvel at the skill of surgeons and the strange workings of the human mind!

Now how did I like this show? Let's pull out the scale! DRUMROLL PLEASE!
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb TSH!

On the Aish-Drama's scale of Dramatastic shows Good Doctor wins a...........


6.3 on a scale of 1-10


All right! This drama was decently addicting and plenty of fun and you will become attached to the characters faster than Madam Hooch can say Quidditch.
So grab some hand sanitizer and a medical mask and get ready to scrub into a fantastic medical wonder!

Do you Agree or Disagree with my rating? Let me know what you think! And as always, THANKS FOR BEING A PART!







No comments:

Post a Comment